Brooks FI Solutions delivers practical, implementable Payments and Stored Value solutions to Retailers and Merchants. Engagements can range from a quick 10-day evaluation of a new product opportunity, Credit Card Processing or POS Stored Value evaluation, or Payroll Card RFP preparation or vendor evaluation, to a full-scale Strategic Plan or RFP Process. Because Brooks’ consultants have hands-on experience, we deliver practical, no-nonsense solutions that can be implemented successfully within our clients’ environment. To learn more about how Brooks can help improve your bottom line, please click on the links below.
Merchants face an array of challenges regarding credit / debit card acceptance.
• Which cards should it accept?
• How can it achieve the best rates?
• Can the merchant shift from higher-cost credit cards to lower-cost alternative networks?
• What technology solutions are best?
Brooks’ consultants have significant experience in working with acquirers, processors, and merchants to bring about the best solutions for our clients. Whether it be developing and / or managing an RFP, evaluating a new technology, or developing an acceptance strategy, we provide our clients with implementable solutions that improve our clients’ bottom line.
Payments / Stored Value
Retailers are facing a vast array of choices in the payments arena. New technologies are being developed that bypass traditional card and check payments. Credit Card and EFT Networks are changing their pricing and business models. The new Stored Value Arena – Gift Cards, PayCards, Check Cashing Cards, and the like provide significant revenue opportunities – if the right product / vendor / delivery selection is made. New rewards / loyalty schemes are proliferating.
• How can a Retailer make the right choices among all of these options?
• Should it add new products?
• Can / should they be CoBranded?
• Who is the right vendor?
Brooks’ consultants have been involved in the development and implementation of many of these products. Whether the Retailer is determining an overall emerging payments strategy, evaluating new product opportunities, or seeking someone to manage the RFP process, Brooks provides solid, implementable solutions to our Retailer clients.
Employers are beginning to take a hard look at eliminating paychecks and pay stubs, and for many, the addition of Payroll Cards is a key element. This is especially true of multi-location Retailers. This interest has accelerated since the Fed has “legitimized” the product and more states enact legislation governing their use. But many questions remain, compounded by the misinformation many early vendors supplied, and overall confusion in the market.
• Are PayCards right for you and your employees?
• Is promoting Direct Deposit better?
• If so, who is the right provider?
• Can the employer mandate Direct Deposit? PayCards?
• How should the cards be priced to the employee?
• What will it cost the employer?
• What is the best way to communicate the product to employees?
• Are there other benefits that PayCards can bring to the employer and / or employees?
Brooks’ consultants have been involved with Stored Value cards, and particularly Payroll cards, throughout their brief history. They have worked in all aspects of cards, and provide expert solutions for our employer clients – whether the issue be determining whether a Payroll Card is appropriate, developing and managing an RFP to select a vendor, or assisting the employer in implementing the program.